Re: [Question #690012]: Crack Volume and Crack Surface (For a joint plane & the whole sample)

Description changed to:
Hello everyone,

I am doing a simulation with Yade. I have a sample with a main joint
plane and I am injecting water in the joint plane.

I am supposed to monitor the crack volume (p33) and the crack surface
(p32) of the whole sample and the joint specifically.

The code that I use is as follows:

#####

ex0=ey0=ez0=0
#if npatches == 1:
def recorder():
	global ex0,ey0,ez0
	crackVolume=crackSurface=0
	crackVolumeJoint=crackSurfaceJoint=0
	for i in O.interactions:
		if i.phys.breakOccurred:
			crackVolume+=i.phys.crossSection*i.phys.crackJointAperture
			crackSurface+=i.phys.crossSection
		if i.phys.isOnJoint:
			crackVolumeJoint+=i.phys.crossSection*i.phys.crackJointAperture
			crackSurfaceJoint+=i.phys.crossSection
		if i.phys.isOnJoint:
			crackVolumeJoint+=i.phys.crossSection*i.phys.crackJointAperture
			crackSurfaceJoint+=i.phys.crossSection
	yade.plot.addData(t=O.time
				,i=O.iter
				,p32Total=crackSurface
				,p33Total=crackVolume
				,p32Joint=crackSurfaceJoint
				,p33Joint=crackVolumeJoint
	)
	plot.saveDataTxt(OUT)

#####

I know form [1] that for a specific flow rate the crack opens however
when I plot the Joint's Crack Surface and Volume, it shows that the
joint crack surface and volume are always 0.

Could you please let me know what I do wrong in the code?

Thank you in advanced for your help.

Best regards,
Yousef

P.S. [1]=https://answers.launchpad.net/yade/+question/689817