Re: [Question #690104]: torque

nobody is still having a problem:
Hi Jan,

let me explain more clearly,
(1) for O.forces.t, the torque we get from this command, the action point is the center of the inscribed circle of that facet. which means the length in the torque equation (torque = force.cross*length) is the distance between the contact point where the contact force happens and the center of the inscribed circle of that facet.

(2) for this command: utils.sumTorques----- we can set the axis Point by
ourselves at anywhere. (whether the action point is the center of the
inscribed center of the facet or point at the center of the cylinder)

If I want to calculate the torque for a cylinder, it seems these two
methods don't work.  because in my opinion, the action point for each
contact force isn't the same. the action length for each contact force
is the radius of the cylinder.

I don't know whether my opinion is correct or not, you can correct me if
I'm wrong.

thanks
Yong