[Question #690815]: CPU random generator warning

Dear all,

I'm trying to move my working environment to one with AMD cpu to take advantage of the AMD ThreadRipper. Before that, I made a test with Ryzen 3700x and the latest Ubuntu 20.04.

I'm installing the 2020.01a version. During configuring the compilation process, I get a warning :
WARNING: CPU random generator seem to be failing, disable hardware random number generation
WARNING: RDRND generated: 0xffffffff 0xffffffff 0xffffffff 0xffffffff

Ignoring this, I finished the installation successfully.  I have run some tests involving makeCloud (considering some random number is involved). They works fine, although I can still get the same warning every time I open yade through terminal.

Google told me this is a known problem with Ryzen 3000-series CPU. I am working on a lenovo desktop and the problem is still there after I updated BIOS to the latest version.  I am wandering, how much this problem will affect yade and how to get rid of this warning.

Thx,
Huanran