Re: [Question #690935]: makeVideo

> The error is something like :

please always provide as specific information as possible, not "something like", but the complete error [1].
I have tried the code, and the error says that the problem is at makeVideo function. The error message is a bit cryptic, but says something about mencoder (a linux external program). It was not installed on my system.
After
sudo apt install mencoder
the example works as expected

> It is as if the finish() function is not correctly read

is is read correctly, but the error is inside the function, so it exits
at makeVideo, before executing O.pause()

> I'm wondering if it is possible to make snapshots and videos of a
graph

For sure it is possible somehow, but **personally** I would do this in the post-processing stage.
One option is to use yade :-) loading the data in a cycle, in each cycle deleting the unwanted part, plot the desired data and save the figure.
Having series of pictures, making movie should be trivial.
(**personally** I would do also the graphics postprocessing externally in Paraview)

cheers
Jan

[1] https://www.yade-dem.org/wiki/Howtoask