Re: [Question #690946]: What does O.energy['nonviscdamping'] account for ?

> O.energy['nonviscdamping'] (in the question text)
> O.energy['nonviscDamp'] (in the code)

please be consistent and correct.

> it corresponds to the energy dissipated with the damping given in the
NewtonIntegrator.

yes [1]

> My results seems to show that the energy 'nonviscdamping' is related
to the energies linked to a contact (so here elastic and plastic
energies but not gravity) ...

please do not use ... while asking question, then it is not clear if it
is a problem, a question, a not important note..

> Could you enlighten me about what is saved under O.energy['nonviscdamping'] ?
> I can't find any answer in the Yade Doc.

the source code itself is also a valuable source of information [1]

cheers
Jan

[1] https://gitlab.com/yade-
dev/trunk/-/blob/master/pkg/dem/NewtonIntegrator.cpp#L62