Re: [Question #690948]: Making a sphere layer with certain orientation

Chien-Cheng Hung gave more information on the question:
Hi Jan,

Thanks for your quick reply!

> - what "sphere layer" is

I should say a "granular" layer instead of a sphere layer. It means a
layer composed of several spheres.

> - if / what you have tried / thought of, why it did not work...

Currently, I'm using the function makeCloud [1] to generate a random
loose packing of spheres, and then I would apply the isotropic
compaction to make a dense packing (I call it a granular layer). But in
this function, I can only assign a vector to minCorner and maxCorner so
that the length of generated loose packing is always parallel to the X-,
Y-, Z-axis. What I would like to do is to generate a random packing in
which its length can be oriented to the axis with certain degrees. Is
this clear to you?

Thanks again!

Cheers,
Chien-Cheng

[1] https://yade-
dem.org/doc/yade.pack.html?highlight=makecloud#yade._packSpheres.SpherePack.makeCloud