Re: [Question #690973]: running on a server is slower than on a PC

Bruno Chareyre proposed the following answer:
> Start the script by the 'start' button on the Controller(), without
"3D" show [...] did 10 iteration test [...]  Because I get the time by
hand, so there is errors

How do you get time "by hand" for 10 iterations after clicking "start"?
You manage to click "stop" right in time?

                   -j48 24.51s
                   -j52 24.55s
                   -j60 26.53s
                   -j88 23.29s \ 23.12s
                   -j90 23.27s \ 23.72s
                   -j96 23.91s

Mmmmh... sorry but, why do you refuse to measure -j1? Is it against some sort of religion?
I have seen this "-jNmax must be better" approach before, with people doing it always - even at the price of slowing down their daily workstation. It is in fact a very bad practice. It could as well be slower! If you don't try you'll never know and you will waste 96 cores 24/24 for no good.
It is obvious in your numbers than you gain *nothing* in this range of -j. We will not discuss 5%, especially considering time measurements by hand.

If I may ask, are you the author of the script you posted? Because I think that's what needs inspection first. Is torch module parallel?
Also there are many pyRunner's inside, even one with iterPeriod=1. How much do they cost, and do they exploit OpenMP?

Bruno