Re: [Question #690973]: running on a server is slower than on a PC

> -j32 26.1s
> -j48 24.51s
> -j90 23.27s \ 23.72s
> -j92 23.05s \ 23.76s \ 24.24s \ 24.09s
> the -j92 or -j90 maybe the optimal jobs

pretty much depending on the definition of "optimal". Compared to -j32,
-j90 is just 10% faster, but using almost 3x more CPU power.

> -j48 1386.40 iter/s
> -j90 1279 iter/s
> It seems that -j90 is the best.

same as above

> It looks that ... in the 3D show are different,
> I hope to check if the rotation speed matches the falling speed of particles or not. The direct way is the 3D show.

3D view is just for rough checks. Use "hard numbers" for serious
comparisons (like O.bodies[...].state.vel)

> if I close the 3D show, the speed of the plank and particles are the
same with 3D show open or not?

yes (if you mean the simulation-world speed)

> If the speed of plank and particles are not depend on the 3D show.

simulation state definitely is not influenced by the 3D view (if it was,
it would be a bug).

> I will storage the bodies' location of the simulation process, and
replay the locations after the simulation is over.

I would say this is a standard approach

> is there a better way to do that?

to do what? (storage the bodies' location, replay after the simulation,
after the simulation is over, ...)

cheers