Re: [Question #690973]: running on a server is slower than on a PC

yang yi posted a new comment:
To Bruno Chareyre (bruno-chareyre):

Thank you very much.  I test -j1 and -j8 on my PC, yes.  the speed is
the same.  And I test the command  ~$ export OMP_NUM_THREADS=1  and the
result is the same with you.

I explain my understanding about  your mean: the parallel programming,
means there are 98 programming copies, and each copy for a cores. If my
understanding right or not?

If  my understanding is right, I have the following question.  I know
that my programming cannot parallelly operated. I just want the
calculation of particles in a programming is parallel,  such as
calculation the  pressure between the particles. Because there are huge
number of particles, so the calculation is huge.  If I increase the
core, this kind of calculation can be improved?

Thank you for you second suggestion. Actually, the algorithm can not be
trained parallelly. The aim of the training is to make the parameters to
close the optimal value. The next episode must based on the current
training result.

Thank you very much.