Re: [Question #691115]: Question about the "0.05" in (O.bodies[i.id2].state.jointNormal1.cross(nRef)).norm()>0.05)

Jérôme Duriez proposed the following answer:
Hi,

This line wants to check whether two unit normal vectors are different (or not equal).
(please ask if more explanation are necessary here)

If they were equal (including the n1 = - n2 case), their cross product
would be strictly the zero vector, with a zero norm. Because we were
maybe not too ambitious in terms of precision here, we did not check
against zero but against 0.05.

You can see this as a 5% tolerance for error (responsible for false
positive in equal comparison). Or as the fact that two vectors whose
directions just deviate from 2.9 degrees are here considered as equal
(even though they're not)