Re: [Question #691610]: Magnitude of contact normal force

Leonard is still having a problem:
Hi Jan,

Thanks for your reply.

1. The maximum force is IMO not a very good indicator.
>> Yes, I use maximum force here to say that I really got a small magnitude of ForceN.

2. You can easily check confinement, number of interactions and average
forces.

Could you please explain more about how to relate these 3 values?
For my case, the size of sample is 0.07*0.07*0.14 (m), the size of particle is around 6 mm (from 2 to 9 mm), the number of spheres is 7000, the number of contacts is 13219 (at this moment), the average ForceN is around 5 N, the deviatoric stress q at this moment is around 160 kPa, the confinement is 100 kPa.

Thanks!
Leonard