Re: [Question #691688]: About oedometric test example in the yade documentation

> About oedometric test example ...
> When I study the Gravity deposition example ...

please try to be consistent, especially in the case of copy-pasting :-)

> 1. ... are they the default values of the variables in the parameters
table?

yes, default values if run in "plain" yade and default values if not
specified in the table for "yade-batch"

> 2. ... Why the "plate.id" not write as"plate" directly?

Try it yourself :-) (even though the smile, it is serious suggestion, it
would teaches you to treat and understand errors)

Because O.forces.f takes ID, not body, see documentation [1]

> 2. ... Does the [2] mean Z-coordinate?

yes, vector[2] is vector's z coordinate

> 3....

yes.

plate.state.vel*=-1
is a shortcut for
plate.state.vel = plate.state.vel * (-1)

4.Why "plot.saveDataTxt(O.tags['d.id']+'.txt')" not write as
"plot.saveDataTxt(O.tags['d.id'].txt.bz2')"?

Try it yourself :-) (again a serious suggestion)
Written as you provided would be syntax error, because you have "unclosed" quotation mark (') after bz2.
Written without ' aster bz2 it would be something like AttributeError saying that something has not attribute 'txt'. As .txt would normally mean get "txt" attribute of the current object.

cheers
Jan

[1] https://yade-
dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.ForceContainer.f