Re: [Question #691680]: sphere-wall contact direction

> I attached my sample and the code under this link:

thanks, but I could not see anything in the 3D view..
Besides, please try to create a MWE. M=minimal, a few facets (you do not need complete shaft, just the "contact part") and one sphere should be enough to show/discuss the problem.

> I didn't fix the x and y translational movement, but the shaft and cone don't have the translational velocity in x and y-direction.
> for the first trial, I think the reason is maybe that I didn't fix the translational movement in x and y direction, so the shaft and cone didn't go vertically

contact normal depends only on geometry, "fixing translation" and
velocity is irrelevant here.

> Some of them are not zero, which means the contact normal orientation
is not in the horizontal plane. If we assume the shaft is in the
vertical plane, even if the contact normal of the spheres are not
perpendicular to the facets (shaft), they still should be in the
horizontal plane.

Why the normals "still should be in the horizontal plane"?
If there is sphere-edge contact, the normal is in the plane perpendicular to the edge, therefore it surly can be other than horizontal.
In the case of sphere-vertex contact, the normal can be arbitrary.

cheers