Re: [Question #691560]: contact normal is not spherical

Jan Stránský posted a new comment:
Just for future reference, this is exactly why I insisted on providing
the code.

I think you can leave the distribution of the points, but change the condition a bit, something like:
%%% not tested, just an idea
ia = 0.5*(i+ic); % average i
ja = 0.5*(j+jc); % average j
d = pi/18; % or something like that
A(hang,5)=length(find(PHI(:)>ia-d&PHI(:)<ia+d&Theta(:)>ja-d&Theta(:)<ja+d));
% now the selecting region should be "square", equal for all directions
% I am not sure about the limit cases near 0, pi, 2*pi...
%%%

cheers