Re: [Question #691913]: O.cell.vellgrad simple shear test

> I am apologizing for my poor English..

your English is good, the information provided are sometimes problematic
:-)

> I am trying to calibrate torsional shear experimental results and want
to use periodic boundaries on a RVE to replicate the shearing process.
Is it reasonable to use periodic simple shear case?

sounds reasonable, but depends on the definition of "torsional shear experiment".
What is the shape of the specimen?
What material is it (mainly cohesive or not)?
What is the loading.

> What are the differences between the above two methods of simulating a
simple shear test?

You have already answered this, or? :-) The main difference is the loading:
Periodic:
- is periodic / does not use walls
Walls:
- is not periodic / does use walls