Re: [Question #691913]: O.cell.vellgrad simple shear test

Bokkisa Srinivas Vivek posted a new comment:
Hello Jan and Jsonscript,

I am also interested in this question.

If I understand correctly in periodic simple shear, by using
O.cell.velgrad, all the particles of the assembly are assigned a
velocity based on their position with reference to the cell. Which
mimics the continuum shear case. Where deformation is linear, as usually
observed in a continuum body.

But, in a hollow torsional cylinder torsion shear tests on sands, the
deformation may not be linear, right? As we apply Torque on specimen
using a shaft on the top end of the specimen while bottom end is fixed.
Is it still reasonable to consider periodic simple shear scenario in
replicating the element stresses of a torsional shear experiment?

I am assuming Jsonscript, might be talking about "hollow cylinder
torsion shear tests on sands".

Thank you
Vivek