Re: [Question #692719]: Fluid bulk modulus (Hydraulic fracturing)

mrhappy gave more information on the question:
Suppose you have a pore that has a volume 0.5 mm^2 (its 2D therefore
it's an area). This volume is calculated based on the physical area of
the pore. I pump in at a rate Q = 0.05mm^2/s for one time step deltaT =
1 sec. Therefore this pore now has a volume of 0.5 + 0.05*1 = 0.55 mm^2.
The change in volume is 0.05mm^2. This change in volume will be
converted to a change in pressure via the fluid bulk modulus.

Now is if the fluid bulk modulus is high, then the pressure will be
large which will cause a large deformation. This large deformation will
cause the pore to have a physical area greater than 0.55mm^2 (the
calculated volume after pumping). However, if the fluid bulk modulus is
small, then the pressure will be small which will cause a minute
deformation. This small deformation will cause the pore to have a
physical area smaller than 0.55mm^2.

I can recalculated the bulk fluid modulus to give me the new physical
area of the pore to be 0.55mm^2.

Is my understanding correct?