[Question #692924]: How can I measure a flux?

Hello fellows;

I'm trying to calculate the permeability through a fracture inside a cubic rock sample and, for that, I need to relate the flux inside the fracture to the pressure difference along its extension.

I do the following steps along my code as provided in [1]

1 - Set up a cubic rock matrix
2 - Position a fracture plane along the Y direction
3 - I assume the flow only to occurs only in the fracture cells (other cells are assumed impermeable)
4 - Apply a pressure difference at the bottom of the sample (on the ymin boundary) to generate flow along the fracture
5 - Measure the flux at ymin and ymax, Qin and Qout respectively, with the getBoundaryFlux() function.

I also followed (almost all) tips provided there.

The problem with getBoundaryFlux() function is that it will calculate the flow along the facet and I need it only in the fracture  cells. So I got some questions:

1. How can I measure the flux through a fracture? Is there a more suitable function or any restriction to be applied than the getBoundaryFlux() function?

2. How can I measure the velocity of the flow in a particular point of this fracture? Maybe if I can do that at the beggining of the fracture or at the end I would not need the first question answered.

3. Is there any relation between flow velocity and the flux through the fracture? Physical equation or so...?!

Thanks in advance!

[1] https://answers.launchpad.net/yade/+question/691351/+index