Re: [Question #693194]: use of Law2_ScGeom_CapillaryPhys_Capillarity with variable pressure does not change results

Jérôme Duriez proposed the following answer:
Hi,

If I remember correctly, the biggest difference between
Law2_ScGeom_CapillaryPhys_Capillarity (which I'm more used to,
personnally) and Law2_ScGeom_CapillaryPhys_Capillarity1 is about the
underlying capillary files

- Law2_ScGeom_CapillaryPhys_Capillarity1 relies on a unique capillary
file, while the other relies on several of them (for different radii)

- the interpolation used to go from the discrete set of data (in the
capillary file(s)) to any YADE interaction is also different. The one of
Law2_ScGeom_CapillaryPhys_Capillarity1 relies on a Delaunay
triangulation, while the other one is a simple (faster ? from my
experience) multi-linear one.

Anyway, I would first try much simpler configurations (a liquid bridge
between 2 spheres, like [*]) : on that configuration, I'm quite sure you
will get different capillary forces for different capillary pressures.

I'm actually expecting your current observations to be quite specific to
your current (more complex) configuration.

[*] https://gitlab.com/yade-
dev/trunk/-/blob/master/examples/capillaryLaplaceYoung/capillaryBridge.py