Re: [Question #693278]: construct parallel bond model in yade

steve posted a new comment:
Thanks Robert and Jerome for your kind reply! and apologize for not attaching the links. question 2&3 are clear now.
for the question1, Yes, I have looked at the Cohfrictmat. but it seems that the CoheFrictPhys only defines one stiffness for both direct-contact and joint while in the parallel bond model I desired there should be separate values for the joint and contact. After I  read the thread you referred(#689058), it seems that the moment and twist doesn't have a obvious effect on the macroscopical results.
however, I do want to make modification on the source code to take account the moment and see its effect on the outcome. But due to my limited programming ability, I dont know how to achieve that, the idea is: obtain the relative rotation angle-->calculate the moment by M=Kn*I*angle, where the I is the moment of inertia which is some constant times pow(R,4) in this case--> calculate the stress based on classic beam theory( normal stress due to bending = M*R/I)-->check if the total stress(F/A+M*R/I) exceed the tensileStrength. Anyway, I think I'll start with JCFpmat for now.
in the end , may I conclude that there is no exact parallel bond model in yade currently which requires different stiffness values for direct contact and cohesive bond while allowing the moment transition.  but maybe JCFpmmat can achieve similar results without moment transition or you can modify the source code to get the exact model?