Re: [Question #693297]: Pore volume - FlowEngine

Robert Caulk proposed the following answer:
Hello,

> I found this function in Yade documentation:

volume( [ (int)id=0 ] ) → float
Returns the volume of Voronoi’s cell of a sphere

Please link to the documentation!

>My code is copied below. The packing txt file link is here [2]

Please don't link to external sources! Please review our posting
guidelines if you wish to receive efficient assitance with your Yade
related problems -> -> -> [1] <- <- <-

>1- Is this the correct approach to get the pore volume for each
individual cell ID?

No, use getCellVolume [2]

>2- Does this function gives the volume of the whole tetrahedron element
(which includes part of the spheres surrounding the pore as in Fig.3a in
[1]) or just the pore (i.e. fluid phase)?

getCellVolume [2] is the full volume of the tetrahedra. getInvVoidVolume
[3] is the inverse of the void volume.

Thanks again for following our forum guidelines ([1]) for your follow up
posts/questions :-)

Cheers,

Robert

[1]https://www.yade-dem.org/wiki/Howtoask