Re: [Question #693446]: How to have viscous damping for chainedCylinder

Rohit John posted a new comment:
Thanks for you answer Bruno.

I have read that most of the constitutive laws do no have a velocity
base damping [1]. Is there a reason why velocity base damping  was not
implemented?

I apologise, I did use gridConnectio/gridNodes to make the brush. I used
CylinderConnections to do it. I always get it confused with
chainedCylinders.

 Could you please check if my proposal to implement damping is correct.
  - Define a material class which includes a damping parameter. Since I am using CylinderConnections I can inherit the class CohFrictMat and name it, say, ViscCohFrictMat
  - Define a Iphys defining the interaction between two instances of this material class. I can inherit Ip2_CohFrictMat_CohFrictMat_CohFrictPhys() and lets call it Ip2_ViscCohFrictMat_ViscCohFrictMat_ViscCohFrictPhys()
  - Define a law to define the forces based on the ScGeom6D Igeom and ViscCohFrictPhys() Iphys, and inherit the Law2_ScGeom6D_CohFrictPhys_CohesionMoment()

[1] https://yade-dem.org/doc/formulation.html?highlight=damping#numerical-damping