[Question #693469]: questions about plotDirections

I have few questions about plotDirections[1] :

1. Every time I use utils.plotDirections() I can get a figure, my stupid question is how to save that figure automatically during the simulation?

2. There are two kinds of sphere particles in my model by using different materials (e.g., Mat1 and Mat2), the plotDirections() plots the distribution of overall contacts. What if I want to plot Mat1-Mat1, Mat1-Mat2 contacts distributions seperately?

3. Just a curiosity. Normally in fabric analysis, papers like to make the rose figure symmetric by plotting a pair of contact vectors for each interaction (i.e., one vector from sphere1 to sphere2 and another from sphere2 to sphere1). So I wonder if it can be done using plotDirections()?

4. May I ask yade developers what is the idea to plot the rose diagram of 3D vectors to a plane (let's say xy plane)? Project all vectors to the xy plane to gain the corresponding 2D vectors and draw the 2D rose diagram?
I am asking this because if question2 and 3 couldn't be solved using the build-in functions in yade, then I will output the contact vectors and draw these diagrams in python.

Thanks!
Leonard

[1]https://yade-dev.gitlab.io/trunk/yade.utils.html?highlight=plotdirections#yade.utils.plotDirections