Re: [Question #693640]: utils.wall acts like air...

> ###
> O.materials.append(FrictMat(young=4.0e6,...
> O.materials.append(FrictMat(young=1.0e12,...
> ###

the interaction stiffness is given by harmonic mean E=2/(1/E1+1/E2), i.e. it is "determined" by the lower stiffness.
In the case E2=inf, E=2/(1/E1+1/inf)=2E1.
This is the case, the overall stiffness is basically the same as in your air-wall example.

>  NewtonIntegrator(damping=0.01,gravity=[0,0,-1e2]),
> in wall.py i posted above the sphere falls then settles down quickly.

what does "quickly" mean? In my case, the sphere bounces "many times" before settling.
Settling is the effect of numerical damping. Setting damping=0, it bounces "forever".

Law2_ScGeom_FrictPhys_CundallStrack, theoretically, should have no "settling" effect (for damping=0 of course).
For better control of coefficient of restitution, you have to use a more advanced constitutive law.

> what i want to simulate is a 2D rectangular made of pfacets

Then please open a new question for the problem (this thread should
reamain wall-specific, related to the original question)

> the problem is that the pfacets fall down too...which is not what i
want. so i guess a wall under pfacet would help

Isn't fixing the pfacets, such that they do not fall, a better approach?

cheers