Re: [Question #693698]: Trouble when compiling with g++-9 or g++-7

Janek Kozicki posted a new comment:
I realized that at this stage the "-f6" command is not effective because
the filter level is set in yade after all modules finish loading. We
have two ways to force yade to use -f6 earlier:

1. recompile with cmake -DENABLE_LOGGER=OFF (then it will send all to std::cerr because with -DDEBUG=ON this will be at -f6 filter level)
2. or change lib/base/Logging.hpp line 112 , lib/base/Logging.cpp line 48  to (short int)(SeverityLevel::eTRACE)   (...yeah, that should be in single place)

trying to do both 1. and 2. will mean doing the first one ;) Because the
2nd is disabled by the 1st one.

Then perhaps we will see some actual output from yade loading its
plugins.

Both stacktraces produce the exact same error at the end:

exc_obj=ImportError('/home/sacha.duverger/packages/yade/install/lib/x86_64
-linux-gnu/yade-2020-10-20.git-427f64c/libyade.so: undefined symbol:
_ZN26vtkTransformPolyDataFilter3NewEv',)

This "undefined symbol: _ZN26vtkTransformPolyDataFilter3NewEv" could
mean following:

1. problem with binary version of vtk (unlikely) you might want to recompile yade without vtk, maybe a linker problem
2. binary incompatibility between (incorrect version of) python and yade (which was compiled against different python), which makes python start routine unable to read any kind of symbols given by yade. And VTK happens to be the first one read.
3. something else.

Please do the same gdb runs again, but this time we really print stuff
with -f6 (using method 1. or 2.). Maybe we will see some messages from
yade loading its plugins.