Re: [Question #693734]: hertz model

Jan Stránský requested more information:
> The total number is around 10000.

total number of what? bodies in simulation?

> The unbalanced force did not reach the threshold (= 0.001) after one day.
> I want to know if this situation is reasonable? (because when I use this constitutive model:
> Law2_ScGeom6D_CohFrictPhys_CohesionMoment, the unbalanced force reaches the threshold just 7 hours ).

So far it **could** be reasonable, so far you have only 3 times longer
run. It depends on the final running time.

Do you know what is the trend of the unbalanced force? E.g. it is
constant and much larger values then target value, it converges to zero,

More importantly, it depends on actual material parameters, not "that much" on the used law.
Material parameters of CohFrict* and Mindlin* might (and AFAIK are) different, so you can (difficult to know without the other script) model different materials, with (possibly much) different response.

cheers