Re: [Question #693739]: Energy conservation in thermal and flow Engines

Robert Caulk proposed the following answer:
Hello,

Nice question. In the future, please try to link to the Yade
documentation when you reference functions such as thermalBndFlux and
getDiffusionCoeff etc. Similar to how I link to functions below. It
makes the discussion easier to answer and easier to follow.

>The difference between them implies "thermalBndFlux" excludes
calculation of flux of energy by the fluid cells. Is this true?

Yes, that is true. thermalBndFlux [1] only computes the heat flux for
the solid boundary.

>If so, how can I calculate the boundary thermal flux through fluid?

You can get the fluid boundary flux using flow.getBoundaryFlux [2]. So
you should be able to get the heat flux from:

Q = flow.getBoundaryFlux[5] * fluidCp * fluidRho * O.dt *
flow.thermalBndCndValue[5]

Let me know if it works.

Cheers,

Robert