Re: [Question #692613]: Order of defining object and engine is causing problems

Rohit John gave more information on the question:
Dear Jérôme Duriez,

Thanks for your advice.

However, I do not understand your comment. I have included
Law2_ScGeom_FrictPhys_CundallStrack() which, as I understand, handles
ScGeom and FrictPhys. I may be mistaken, so I would grealy appreciate it
if you could elaborate.

Moreover, I get the same problem (CylinderConnection falling apart when
I define it before the engine) when I tried the tutorial simulating
spheres interacting with root [1]. To get this problem, cut and paste
the list of engines after defining the objects.

The fact that I cannot define the objects before the engines is
frustrating because I would like to use a partial engine to affect some
objects based on their IDs. I can only get the IDs once I define the
objects. One work around would be to first define the list of engine
without the partial engine, then define the object and finally append
the partial engine to O.engines.

I would still like to bring to the developers attention.

Kind regards,
Rohit John

[1] https://gitlab.com/yade-dev/trunk/blob/master/examples/cylinders
/cylinderconnection-roots.py