Re: [Question #694288]: Crop a specific range of the imported packing and distribute it to a specific position

Jan Stránský posted a new comment:
>> randomDensePack itself does not support psd input, but the code can be "copy-pasted" to a new function.
> I don't really understand this part. How do I create a dense pack with psd by using "copy-pasted the code to a new function" ?
> I thought about using randomDensePack instead of using makeCloud and isotropic compression but not sure how to input psd in randomDensePack. Is there an example for it?

This is the point, randomDensePack as it is does not support psd input.
"copy-pasted the code to a new function" means take the code [1] and create your own function with psd support :-)
Just a note, what randomDensePack does is basically makeCloud and isotropic compression. So the "copy-paste" could mean just inspiration (e.g. in the part of periodicity), not necessarily literal copy paste.

cheers
Jan

[1] https://gitlab.com/yade-dev/trunk/-/blob/master/py/pack/pack.py#L464