Re: [Question #694146]: Simulating an elastic beam/cuboid

Jan Stránský posted a new comment:
Hello,

> I am kinda new to Yade

welcome :-)
and sorry for late reply

> This beam or cuboid is then loaded with a force and presses onto a bed
of particles.

what is "bed of particles"? spherical particles?

> A. Are there further methods in yade on simulating deformable bodies
that could work for that application?

You can create cohesive packing of overlapping spheres. The overlapping
would make the surface smoother than distinct spheres, but not perfectly
flat

have a look at DeformableElement stuff [1]. I have no experience with
it, but sounds relevant to your problem.

Also, as PFacets are present, something like PTetrahedron would solve
your problem.

> D. Is it possible to use boxes or cubes instead of spherical nodes and
cylinders as connection?

Theoretically yes. But I doubt it is currently implemented.

cheers
Jan

[1] https://gitlab.com/yade-
dev/trunk/-/tree/master/examples/deformableelem