Re: [Question #694290]: Model plastic deformation with cohesive bonds

David Alber posted a new comment:
Dear Jan,

Thanks for getting back at this post.
The background of this task is a master thesis. It should be completed within a time frame of 6 months.
Considering the tight time frame I am bound to the tools available in YADE. Developing a new contact model is out of the scope.

Recent research made me aware of the Luding contact model [1] and its
Yade implementation Law2_ScGeom_LudingPhys_Basic(). The capabilities of
modeling the physical effects of contact elasticity, plastic
deformations and contact adhesion with a piecewise linear extension of
the linear dashpot model, seem to be promising for modeling the
mechanical behavior of battery electrodes.

[1]: [S. Luding, “Introduction to discrete element methods: Basic of contact
force models and how to perform the micro-macro transition to con-
tinuum theory,” European Journal of Environmental and Civil Engineering,
vol. 12, no. 7-8, pp. 785–826, 2008]