Re: [Question #695154]: Polyhedra contact instability (potential Bug?)

Vasileios Angelidakis requested more information:
Hi to everyone,

I think you might find two recent papers of Prof. Feng useful [1,2], as
he proposes that volumetric contact law is the way to go, having energy
conservation in mind, while a calculation for the contact normals is
also proposed.

In the Potential Blocks we have stable/reasonable contact normal values
for face-to-face contacts, but personally, I consider a volumetric law
(and volume-based normals) much more accurate from an energy point of
view, for complex contact geometries (like face-to-vertex), if the
contact normals are somehow made more stable.

Hope this helps,
Vasileios

[1] https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0045782520306782#fig6
[2] https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0045782520306393