Re: [Question #694945]: How to run deformableBodies examples

Paul Pircher confirmed that the question is solved:
Hey there,

thanks Bruno for the insight information. That helps.

As you know from my other questions (bending beam mass computation [1] ) I am trying to model a simple elastic cuboid. On my way to find literature and possible methods I also wanted to try out the approach on this deformable elements, but I got stuck really quick.
Knowing that this might be too experimental for my current project, I will remain on using the node - connection - pfacet approach for now. :)

I gave a little more insight into my application in this launchpad
question if anyone is interested [2].

> You are welcome to modify DeformableElement as you see fit, and become a new expert in the field.

Haha thanks Janek. I am currently trying to do so, but I am still in my very beginning and focusing to progess in my project/master thesis, as I rely on that.
As mentioned above, I will remain with the "simplier" PFacet approach for deformable bodies for now.
If the time and need allows it I will continue on deformable elements.
I basically wanted to make sure I at least tried the examples of all approaches I found, so I can decide on what to focus.
I hope that is understandable :)

> I just started examples/deformableelem/MinimalTensileTest.py and I see
that the box is getting deformed.

I see. I tried it with testDeformableBodies.py and I received that error at the preprocessing.
I will give it another try.

Thanks to both of you for you input!
Your help is very much appreciated!

I will definitely need some more help in the future on that topic so
stay tuned - I am gonna annoy you! :)

I will mark this thread as solved for now.

Cheers, Paul