Re: [Question #695226]: RungeKuttaCashKarp54Integrator with gridConnections is causing errors

Bruno Chareyre posted a new comment:
Hi,

> the oscillations were similar to what we find in a damped oscillator

Cool. :)

> Am I wrong to assume N is the number of gridNodes and L is the length
of the cantilever?

You are right.

Sorry, I wrote that comment right after reading another thread on a
linked topic, where N and L were clearly defined. Overall, the thing is:
interaction properties - if they are supposed to reflect a beam-like
thing - necessarily depend on beam geometry and discretisation. It can't
be conveyed by material properties alone.  The "mismatch" I was
mentioning was about that: material properties are not "per-unit length
of a beam" properties  and so someone can be off by orders of magnitudes
if based on wrong expectations.

I couldn't check the github push in depth, yet, but thanks for clarity.
Let you report here if you have more insights on the issue.

Bruno