Re: [Question #696150]: Output specific bodies using TW.setState

Karol Brzezinski proposed the following answer:
Hi,

I tried to run your code and I couldn't save the file at al (Ubuntu
20.04 Yade 2020.01a )l, due to the CGAL ERROR: assertion violation.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix this issue, but I have some comments:
- You set something like "O.bodies[i].state.dynamics = False", I think it should be "O.bodies[i].dynamic = False" as in the example [1]
(BTW I noticed that Body.dict() doesn't show the "dynamic" value. I thought it should.)
- I am not sure, but I think that periodic boundaries may be problematic. Hypothetically: If the particle in state 0 is on the right edge and moves right it will appear on the left side (state 1). If the displacements are calculated based on positions (I am not sure about implementation) the result will be peculiar.
- If your only problem is excluding some bodies from tesselation you could save positions from state 0 and 1 only for desired bodies in external files and then compute deformations using those files instead of states (defToVtkFromPositions() instead of defToVtk() [2])

Best wishes,
Karol

[1] https://yade-dem.org/doc/user.html#motion-constraints
[2] https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html?highlight=tesselationwrapper#yade.wrapper.TesselationWrapper.defToVtkFromPositions