Re: [Question #697103]: Under the condition of periodic boundary, do I need to set the size of the cell?

please read [1], especially point 6. In general, please provide more
information to your problems.

Here, I see 2 independent problems:

> can I not set the size of the cell and use the PeriTriaxController to
do the triaxial test ?

Of course you can set any arbitrary size of the periodic cell.
You set up your packing and periodic cell and let PeriTriaxController to compute on it.
See e.g. [2].

> The particle size distribution, particle number and porosity is known,
but the size of the soil sample is unknown, can I not set the size ... ?

One of the 4 quantities has to be unknown - is determined by the others.
So in this case you cannot set the size. Or you can set the size but let one of the other quantities unknown.

Cheers
Jan

[1] https://www.yade-dem.org/wiki/Howtoask
[2] https://gitlab.com/yade-dev/trunk/-/blob/master/examples/PeriodicBoundaries/periodic-triax-settingHsize.py