[Question #698301]: large scale simulations

Hello folks,

I might be involved in a project which would require to run a lot of simulations involving hundred thousands or even millions of particles. Of course, I'd like to use YADE for that purpose.

In case this project sees the light, what would be the best hardware option considering at this stage that money will not be an issue?

We will probably have access to a cluster or even a supercomputer with possibilities to run simulations in parallel but we might also need to buy one dedicated machine for testing, preconditioning of simulations and ease of use (PhD student / postdoc fellow). What are basically the most important specifications required to run such large scale simulations?

As always, many thanks for your input.

Luc