Re: [Question #698777]: Material parameters of wall

> As a new user of yade

welcome :-)

TL;TR: use parameter suitable for your simulation and your needs. Not
necessarily 0 (but might be 0).

> I have read several script

please try to reference specific script

> I found that the parameters like frictionAngle and density is set to 0.
> So I take it for granted that the relevant parameters of the wall material should be set to 0.
> (It seems that I have also seen relevant information in Hands-on)
> But when I read the script[1],the related parameters: Density is not 0.This confuses me.

No.
Take for granted, that the relevant parameters of the wall material should be set to the values according to your needs and according to your simulation.
Sometimes it might be 0, but definitely not necessarily.
It depends on your simulation, your model, your simplifications, your considerations, etc. etc.

E.g., if a wall is fixed, density does not matter (the value of density does not influence in any way the simulation).
Then density=0 may be set to emphasize this effect.

On the other hand, friction might be of significant importance.
Sometimes you want friction-less walls, then friction=0 makes sense.
Bot you might want to simulate walls with very high coefficient of friction / friction angle, so then 0 would not be a good choice.
Concerning friction angle, one might want to use MatchMaker of Ip2 [2,3] to make the choice of the resulting interaction friction more "relevant".

Also young parameter is of a big importance.
E.g. you can simulate something like perfectly rigid walls (with infinite stiffness). Or you have softer walls with defined stiffness. Or ...

Cheers
Jan

[2] https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.Ip2_FrictMat_FrictMat_FrictPhys.frictAngle
[3] https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.MatchMaker