[Question #698860]: How to calculate 2D porosity or void ratio?

Dear all:

I am simulating a compression of 2D soil to achieve a desired porosity by blocking zXY of all spheres. Here, z denotes the  ignored direction.

 However, it is not clear for me how to measure porosity or void ratio of 2D model.

1. It seems that utils.porosity() is only suitable for 3D model.

2. Maybe utils.voxelPorosity() could work?

Could anyone please give some advice to use a proper function or  code to calculate the 2D porosity/void ratio?