Re: [Question #699070]: Effect of particle size on noise in the results

Jan Stránský requested more information:
Hello,

> I am new to DEM and I have very little experience with YADE and DEM

welcome :-)

please read [1] and provide (much) more information, ideally also a MWE
if possible.

> I am simulating ... a bucket ... a stockpile ...

What is "a bucket" and "a stockpile"?
What shape do they have?
What are they composed from (spheres, facets, ...)?
What is their mutual sizes and mutual sizes of the components?
Are the components regular or not?
... ?
... ?

> when I use large particle sizes

What is "large", large with respect to what?
300-400mm alone is useless information...

> the results are noisy

What is "the result"?
Positions, velocities, energies?
Numerical result or visual state?
... ?

> slightly shifting the bucket

what is "slightly"? with respect to what?

> the error was huge

error of what?

Cheers
Jan