Re: [Question #698948]: Stability of advection modeling by ThermalEngine

Hey Zoheir,

This is quite odd: applyTempDeltaToSolids is deactivated by default: the
user needs to manually set thermal.delT>0 for that function to activate
[1]. As you see in [1], thermal.delT is set to 0 if user does nothing. So
compiling without the line you indicated will change nothing in the output
unless your user script manually activated thermal.delT>0. I don’t see you
setting that value in any of the MWEs that you provided here. So this
cannot be the issue (unless you are using a different script to the one
provided here where you use delT).

Can you please find the unstable packing, then export those sphere radii
and location to text file, the copy paste that file to this thread so I can
replicate exactly your problem. Also please copy paste the identical script
that goes with running that packing.

Then please type here the exact output of yade -v where yade is the
executable you are using (it may be named differently depending on how you
compile or which package you download).

Cheers,

Robert

[1] https://gitlab.com/yade-dev/trunk/-/blob/master/pkg/pfv/Thermal.hpp#L133