Re: [Question #699421]: Advection stops working in ThermalEngine when decoupleForces in FlowEngine is True

Robert Caulk requested more information:
Hey Zoheir,

Thanks for another good question.

>> My question is if there is a way to get fluid conduction and
advection work without having the flow engine calculate the forces on
the particles, assuming I am not missing anything here.

We can surely sort it out, if it isn't working at the moment.

To start, do you need any body movement? Or can you simply set all
O.bodies[i].dynamic=False?

Does decoupleForces work on the standard oedometer.py example script
[1]? When you deactivate advection, does it work?

I will try to make some time to dive into it and get back to you.

-rc

[1]https://gitlab.com/yade-dev/trunk/-/blob/master/examples/FluidCouplingPFV/oedometer.py