Re: [Question #699471]: Load and run new simulation

> I running a new simulation on loaded data.

no. With O.load, you just continue where the O.saved simulation ended.

If your new simulation is not too much related to the old one (which
seems to be the case), instead of O.save/O.load, I suggest e.g. to just
export particle positions and import them in the new simulation.

O.save / O.load for "new" simulation is not recommended, for the reasons
you are encountering

> The simulation does not run the command every 10 000 iteration, as defined.
> Instead is seems to run ParticleSwelling() for realPeriod=1,

The two sentences are not necessarily contradicting. It is possible it
is running every 10000 iteractions AND every 1 real second.

If you define iterPeriod=10000, then it is run each 10000 iterations.

In the case of O.load, the saved PyRunners are still active, so maybe
this is the confusion?

> realPeriod=1 which is A period I defined for commands
checkForce()/Particlswelling() in my old (saved) simulation.

In the code provided, you defined iterPeriod=10000 for both cases...

> One more question, in my saved simulation the timestep is 1e-7. But
defined a new timestep in loaded simulation to 1e-5. The new simulation
still use the old time step of 1e-5. How can I define a new timestep?

Did you mean to write it like this? New time step defined 1e-5 and new
simulation uses 1e-5 (which perfectly makes sense)?

Cheers