Re: [Question #699605]: orthogonal packing

> but I thought that orthogonal packing would have turned into hexagonal
packing

it remains orthogonal.
Under the loading conditions, the packing seems to be stable like that.

> But now I realized that change of porosity occurs thank to
intersection (overlapping) particles. Does my suggestion make sense?

yes.
(There have been some discussions about interpretation of such results and that porosity computed in this way may not have physical meaning, but it is another topic)

> But in the real soil porosity changes due to particles compaction not
intersection.

yes, a more realistic packing should behave like that

> But again when I started working with initial script I obtained good
relation pressure/porosity

what is "initial script"? The one you linked?
If so, there is hexagonal packing. As the periodic cell is cubic, the space is not fully filled and the spheres have some freedom to move, unlike in the case of the orthogonal packing.

> but when I added E , I was confused.

E is of course present (although it is hidden) also in the original
script, with the default value 1e7.

Cheers