Re: [Question #699937]: Change 3D inertia to 2D/1D inertia

Mithushan Soundaranathan posted a new comment:
Hi Jan,

>seemed like moving only in z direction is one of your purposes..

Sorry, I meant to say that I want to move only in z-direction to be able reduce the time step. And was not able do that with with x- and y- axis being fixed.

>To increase (critical) time step (or at least its absolute value), you can:
>- increase particle sizes
>- decrease (material) stiffness
>- increase mass/inertia
>In any cases most likely modifying the physics of the system (!!)

Thanks for you tips,  would helpfull to solve my main issue lately with
time step.  With current simulation setup I am only able use a time step
of 1e-8 and it will take me over a month complete my simulation.

Best regards,
Mithu