[Question #700434]: InsertionSortCollider SortAxis : does axis choice make a difference to speed?

InsertionSortCollider documentation says:  "At the initial step, Bodies’ bounds (along sortAxis) are first std::sort’ed along this (sortAxis) axis, then collided. The initial sort has O(n^2) complexity,".  But what is not stated is how to choose the sortAxis (or if it really matters).  For example, if I have a box with dimensions 10x100x1000, is it better to pick sortAxis as the biggest dimension, or the smallest, or the one in between?  Or are they all about the same?  Mostly I'm concerned about the initial sort because of the aforementioned n^2 time, but if one choice is better for the initial sort and a different choice is better for subsequent steps I'd like to know that too.

If it matters, in the above assume particle diameter=1, so 1 million total particles.  Large enough that choices like this could have a significant impact on run time.

If nobody has ever tried this, I can go run some experiments and see.  But hoping to not reinvent the wheel