Re: [Question #700953]: Oedometer test based on PSD

Robert Caulk requested more information:
Hello,

Welcome to Yade! You are asking quite a few disparate questions here, so
please in the future, limit your threads to a single question each. Open
as many threads as you want. We have other important forum guidelines
that you should keep in mind if you desire quick and efficient help [3].

>>how can I change the sphere packing function (makeCloud)) based on the
PSD?

You can add the PSD arguments to the makeCloud function. Please refer to
the documentation [1].

>>  And how can I fix the side walls to obtain the oedometric condition
(just vertical force)?

You can activate and deactivate walls, please refer to the documentation
[2].

>>Now I am using [1] code.

But you want to use FlowEngine? I do not see how your referenced script
(save_then_reload.py) has anything to do with your proposed simulation.
By the way, saving and reloading does not work "out of the box" with
FlowEngine.

>> I should mention that I tried the oedometric sample on the yade
website but it is not proper for me due to its gravity composition.
Also, I tried to mix some PSD functions with this code but I could not
get any result.

It seems the main question here has to do with your "P.S." But as is,
you have not provided enough information for us to help you. For example
what does "could not get any result" mean? Which script are you
referring to? The odeometer.py does not have gravity composition.

Cheers,

Robert

[1]https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.pack.html#yade._packSpheres.SpherePack.makeCloud
[2]https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.TriaxialStressController.wall_back_activated