[Question #700953]: Oedometer test based on PSD

Dear all,

I am a new user of YADE. A part of my PhD project is investigation of the effects of compaction on pore structure and soil hydraulic properties. To this aim, we want to follow the DEM approach proposed by ”Mahmoodlu, M. G., Raoof, A., Sweijen, T., & Van Genuchten, M. T. (2016). Effects of sand compaction and mixing on pore structure and the unsaturated soil hydraulic properties. Vadose Zone Journal, 15(8).” which is done using YADE.

I am trying to reproduce the compaction process of a granular material under oedometric conditions based on my desired pore size distribution (PSD).

Now I am using [1] code. My first question is how can I change the sphere packing function (makeCloud)) based on the PSD? And how can I fix the side walls to obtain the oedometric condition (just vertical force)?

P.S. I should mention that I tried the oedometric sample on the yade website but it is not proper for me due to its gravity composition. Also, I tried to mix some PSD functions with this code but I could not get any result.

[1] https://gitlab.com/yade-dev/trunk/-/blob/3e9a209234b7f23241d5f4bdef1b586056e97582/examples/simple-scene/save-then-reload.py