Re: [Question #700963]: Pore size distribution

Robert Caulk proposed the following answer:
Hello,

We would love to help you - but we really need you to make a bigger
effort on your end. So far, this question is unanswerable because it all
depends on your definition of a "pore" in a sphere packing. You have
mentioned "pore radii" but you have not given a direct definition of a
pore or the geometrical radii associated to that in a sphere packing.
Maybe it is clear in your mind, but you have yet to provide this
definition, 6 posts into the thread. Notice how Jan asked you directly,
but finally gave up and simply did your homework for you.

I will assume Jan has found the quantity that you search (his definition
seems reasonable to me): the inscribed sphere radius between 4 vertices
of a Delaunay triangulation. TwoPhaseFlowEngine allows you to check that
value [5]. However, this is not implemented in FlowEngine (i.e.
oedometer.py). If you need this function in FlowEngine, you can make a
request for it on gitlab [6].

FlowEngine does, however, give you the ability to print all the vertices
[4], which you can post-process (using python) in the same way as [5] to
get the inscribed sphere radius distribution.

>>There is a useful image analysis tool (PoreSpy) which is based on
python

I am unfamiliar with PoreSpy, but someone else in this forum was trying
to do something similar by converting a Yade simulation to pixelated
image so he could do pore geometry interpretation [1].

Cheers,

Robert

[1]https://answers.launchpad.net/yade/+question/695874
[4]https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.FlowEngine.printVertices