Re: [Question #701329]: Save data in PFV model during compaction

> 1)Would you please let me know how I can save the particle position and radii during the compaction?
> I used “yade.export.text('filename.txt', mask=-1)” and it works just for fix packing and gives the initial information.

export.text is perfect solution for the task.

It exports the packing at the time you call it. So if you call it at the beginning, you get "the initial information".
If you call at the end, you get final positions.
If you call it in the middle of the simulation, you get positions from the middle of the simulation.
If you want to export the data regularly during simulation, you can use e.g. PyRunner [3]

> Can I use “yade.wrapper.VTKRecorder” for this purpose?

Yes, you can use it, the data are there, but is is saved in VTK format, usual usage is merely for Paraview program.
export.text is better and more universal (IMO).
Or you can use both export.text and VTKRecorder together.

> Where and how?

usual usage is described in [4]

> Sorry for asking several simple questions.

yes, please read [2], point 5, and try to split the one question in several questions.
All the 3 questions are independent problems.

Cheers
Jan

[2] https://www.yade-dem.org/wiki/Howtoask
[3] https://yade-dem.org/doc/user.html#running-python-code